smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum

These guns do not come up often so here's your chance to get a solid 99% early 41 mag. Mike enlightened me that the actual original that Tom Campbell built and sent to Seyfried is (or was) for sale on Sportsmanslegacy.com a while back. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. You didnt say there would be a test. and glad youre going to carry it. I bought a pair for an N frame square and N frame round butt about 15 years ago. Searched for a long time. Other than loading it with Federal 300 grain Castcores for a canoe trip in Alaska years ago, I soon settled on a 240 SWC @ 900 for most work. Seller: Jays Guns and Accessories. Todays S&W catalog shows only two revolvers with tapered barrels- both from the classic line. The N-frame is perfect for the .41caliber as well. The new target trigger and hammer were fully 1/2 wide. I foolishly let go of it and recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one. So, if you want to replicate the .44 Specials stand-in role for the .44 Mag., this would be the way to fly. One of the earliest talking points concerning the .41 Mag. I wish I could find a snub in it for as a carry companion. It is a powerful tool capable of launching a large, fast projectile suitable for anything youre going to use a magnum revolver on. For target, hunting, and trail running, this 1986 Ruger Blackhawk will fit the bill. It was chamfered, in a nod back to the early revolversa feature originally done to keep the cylinder from tying up with black powder fouling. It's similar its sister model chambered in .44 Magnum, the Smith & Wesson Model 29. .41 Magnum with a 4"" barrel. I didnt see this mentioned, but unless Im hallucinating my early Mountain Revolver (not GUN) has a K/L grip frame. I know the 24s and 624s you passed on to others were well taken care of; may they be appreciated and enjoyed. arrived around the turn of the 20th century, and then 35 years later was lengthened to become the .357 Mag. Oh, for S&W to build them again, Your email address will not be published. adherents point to the fact thatgiven similar bullet weightsthe .41 will shed less velocity at long yardage than the .44. Love this article; 45 Colt is my favorite cartridge to hand load. Its good to know that Mr. Marshall is still kicking; the last thing I read from him was shortly after he retired and went to Roscommon County. Lay-a-way available for this firearm. Velocities were anemic and accuracy was only mediocre with 200-250 gr. I loaded mine with 210 grain Silvertips and then 200 Grain short barrel GDHPs when they were introduced (as my hands got older and stiffer!). Maybe if enough of us send those emails, they will listen. I just located a second one, and it is on the way to my local FFL, soon to be with me roaming TX, OK, NM, LA and other destinations. Serial number CCU9230. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. View. You know Tom Laemlein. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. In 1935, Keith, along with Phillip Sharpe and D.B. MADE IN THE USA. 1 Image (s) Smith & Wesson Model Shop prototype 629 Mountain Gun by Campbell and Seyfried, BDW0000, provenan. Based on your description, it does sound incredible! They are usually on my Mountain Guns when Im off the pavement, too. I have no complaints. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. The current Classics iteration of the Model 57 comes with a 6.0-inch barrel, blued finish, and the key-lock safety feature. Customized combat revolver with chopped hammer, thinned trigger guard and custom grips. The .44MG for when you step off the plane in Alaska. S&W made a stainless Model 657 Mountain Gun in .41 Magnum in 1998 & 1999. I carried that gun on duty for a bit before I retired, I had them put the patch on the right panel and the call sign of a fallen comrade on the left. A forum community dedicated to Smith & Wesson firearm owners and enthusiasts. Part Number:161300 Buds Item Number: 18184 Product Documentation (5 Reviews) Rating 4.8 out of 5 20% 3 Stars 2 Stars 1 Star SORT BY: Most Recent | Highest Ratings | Lowest Ratings Write Review Stephen S on 04/02/2022 Rating: 4 of 5 Stars! Paper 2-liter target on Ebay:. But the Model 57 did, although primarily with discerning sportsmen (and, yes, collectors) seeking something different. Loading a 280 gr. Compare. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 6.5 PRC: Which is Better? factory ammo I was able to dig up for the Model 57 covered the cartridges mild-to-wild range of performance (more or less). The balance created by the slim, short barrel was just right. Manufactured in 1975/76. It could drive 250-300 grain bullets to reasonable velocities (800-1,000 fps) with less pressure than the magnum. 1/3 Down, a 1/3 in 30 Days 1/3 in 60 Days, S&W Model 57 (no dash) fitted with a 6 inch barrel (Magna Ported), pinned red ramped front sight, adjustable white outline rear sight, target hammer, target trigger, checkered cocb. JHP from CORBON, were the only game in town for controllable Mountain Gun loads. When the cylinder was complete, he assembled the gun and tuned the action. The grip is a smooth hardwood, Guns Listing ID: 716925SMITH & WESSON 657-5 - .41 MAGNUM - 6 ROUNDS - 7.5 \, Nice Smith & Wesson model 57-1. You had TWO of them, Brent??? Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. "SN: S256822. Performance Center Edition. Thank you for writing in, Marv, and for appreciating the article! Nov 10, 2017. Now, what did you do for lunch, yesterday? Smith & Wesson again honored Skeltons request, and released the stainless Model 624 in 1985. I somehow managed to fill a doe tag with one using my own handloaded 210 gr. Revolver Is Back, Franchi Momentum Elite Bolt-Action Rifle in Varmint Configurations, .458 Winchester Magnum History: The Complete Story, Savage Impulse Straight-Pull Rifle: Full Review, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380. first appeared in the S&W Model 57, based #452424 to 920 fps. Smith & Wesson ended production on the Target Model of 1985 in 1988. Filling a mule deer tag using a Mountain Gun is on my bucket list, too. At first I thought the Classics line was part of the companys Performance Center. He ground each chambers leading edge to shape one at a time on a surface grinder. Smith And Wesson Model 57 Classic Revolver $1,129.00 Item # SW150481. As far as I can determine, there was only one production run of the 657 Mountain Gun. Thank you, J.R. Im glad you appreciated it! Regardless of the chambering, all the large frame guns wore tapered barrels up until 1955. Someday I hope to take a sight picture on a mule deer with a Mountain Gun, and mine will be similarly loaded, Ill bet.I ordered the same holster from Milt Sparks after seeing it on Seyfrieds hip and I agree with your assessment completely. I have read that article more than any other- Seyfried captured the magic with it. an ancestry by coming up with the round after the fact. 2 Image (s) Smith & Wesson 57 (150481) Gun #: 957943354. Thank You! bullet at around 900 fps. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Thanks Scott! Thanks! The lowest velocity extreme spread was 42 fps, and the highest was 63 fps. For more info: Large frame stainless magnum revolver, 6" barrel with shrouded ejector, chambered for the powerful . but are really fully functioning reproductions of the products that were once a part of the standard S&W line.. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. And should you ever envision rapid-fire double-action shooting, the pull there was a short, manageable 10 pounds with no stacking that I could discover. Love my 625-6 Mountain Gun in 45 LC. At 3.5 creep-free pounds, the Model 57s single-action trigger pull really lived up to the crispness clichs of breaking icicles and glass rods. He created a special fixture to grind the black powder scallop on the leading edge of the cylinder. Seller: Sportsmans Legacy. tested, giving velocities from 1,4501,550 fps depending upon barrel length, I really feel most S&W sixguns will last a lot longer if the load is cut back to around 19 grains. When I was a young Federale in a Midwestern city that wasnt Detroit, I used to read Mr. Marshalls writings all the time. With the guns traditional plowshare grips, heavy loads tend to cause the gun to roll upward in recoil. They followed this with one chambered in .45 ACP soon after. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). S&W wisely decided to catalog the Model 629-2 Mountain Gun as a production gun, and made 5,000 of them in the initial run. bullet at around 900 fps. I hear you, Spencer. 41 Remington Magnum 44 Magnum . Great article! Pictures, Sturm Ruger & Co. ~ New Model Blackhawk ~ .41 Magnum, Smith & Wesson Model 57, Cal. Contest void where prohibited by law. At first it was necessary to make brass by trimming .41 Mag. All were square butt frames with .265 serrated triggers and .400 hammers. I've got a 41 Mountian gun as well. In 2005, they also released a blued 57-5 Mountain Gun. Turns out, I was a bit off the mark. Smith & Wesson Model 57 with Nickel finish and 8 3/8 barrel. Thanks for taking the time to write this piece. I second your hat tip. Its accurate, good-looking, and classy. He used the Target Model of 1950s barrel and rib profile as the template for his barrel. Width: 1.70 in. He was commander of the NMSP Pistol Team and competed with a revolver throughout his career. Its difficult to not compare the .41 Mag. It made happy to think of you carrying that Mountain Revolver stoked with Black Talons all over Southern California. As a big bore fan, these are some of my favorites. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. No purchase necessary. The Mountain Gun was subject to the same engineering changes as any other Model 629: The endurance package; The transition to Metal Injected Molding (MIM) parts; Floating firing pins; New-style thumb pieces, and; Internal key locks. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM May/June 2023, P.O. With an S&W N-Frame of any vintage, the gun pretty much comes straight backwhich allows for quicker recovery between shots but can also pound the web of the shooters strong hand (which in my case gets a bit weak at the end of an extended session). When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. What a sweetheart that thing must be. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. Products from the Performance Center are the ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology. Wood grips are in excellent condition. When I ordered them, Herretts asked me if I would like to add a patch or badge onto the stocks- what a cool idea! I believe that one was worth the long-time search. That S&W hasnt brought these back continues to amaze me. Spegel grips, Cylinder and Slide action and sights, and .45 ACP compatible too. This revolver is of stainless steel construction, built on the big "N-frame". The Bore is in good condition and the barrel is 4 1/8 inches long. Thanks to Tommy Campbell and Ross Seyfried for the impact they have made on the industry, and on me. View all posts by Kevin McPherson. The SCSW, 4th Edition, says premium for nickel, EXC - $950, VG - $750. Your email address will not be published. Hard to beat a 240 [emailprotected] for most things you might do with a Mtn Gun, Proven by guys like Keith, Skelton, and Seyfried. load at more than 1,400 fps. The times they have a changed. There isn't a much better combination for solid firepower and good handling. To make an offer please complete the form below: Minimum price for the offer must be greater than or equal to $0. Chambered for the more difficult to find .41 Magnum cartridge, adjustable sights, factory wood grips, Freedom Arms Model 97 Premier .44 special packer style with 3 1/2" barrel,round butt grip with Evergreen grips grips, Hammer and trigger are polished and jewelled, factory action job with, This Ruger Model Blackhawk is a 6 shot single action revolver in .41 Magnum Cal. The mountain guns are among my favorite smith offerings. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. LARGE. The Mountain Gun concept applied to the L frame would be superlative. Compare. It looks like very early guns were marked that way. We show you how. It features good walnut grips, target type sights, and good blue with a small amount of wear at the muzzle. Deployed military should use stateside address. Now that Im 78 my field gun carries Skeeters old 44 Special load most of the time, but its still a faithful companion after 22 years. The shorter barrels had the micrometer rear, but wore a Baughman ramp front sight. and subsequently in the Bisley Model. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I see why it gets the most use, you have given me one more to put on my someday list of revolvers. I owned two 657 Mountain Guns and of course regret selling both. Knowing how bureaucracies work, I could believe either or both stories, but I think Mr. Marshall would be the guy to ask. This Dan Wesson .41 Mag. This revolver has an extremely smooth double-action, one of the smoothest we've had here at D4, we the trigger must have some custom work. Gun #: 966454149. Lay-a-way available for this firearm. You can only carry a few of em at a time anyway. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Im glad guys like Tom Campbell were in a place to build them, too. The initial rationale for the two resulting Smith & Wesson .41 N-Frame revolvers was twofold. Thanks for appreciating the article! But again, even a 6.0-inch N-Frame is not the item for promiscuous blasting with darn near any magnum beginning with the number 4. Or at least it isnt for me. Old inventory Flat 35.00 Shipping fee Price reflects a 3.5% Cash discount Maine residents add 5.5% sales tax SOLD Handgun Caliber:.41 Remington Magnum Manufacturer . Gunsmith John Seifert swapped barrels, chamfered the charge holes, and had it laser engraved with a simple sideplate inscription to honor its former owner. Smith & Wesson 41 Pistol Gun #: 985434446 Seller: DGSGUNS GA Sales: 868 $1,349.00 Full Details More from this Seller 1 Image (s) NICE PRE-OWNED S&W MODEL 41 WITH 2 MAGS AND ORIG BOX Gun #: 998816272 Seller: On Target Training GA Sales: 5 $900.00 Full Details 3 Image (s) S&W MODEL 57-6 CLASSIC 41 MAGNUM Gun #: 974942443 Seller: Keith Woods $1,295.00 I was dismayed to see that Montana Bullet Works is not currently showing this bullet, but they are still selling a gas checked version. MANUFACTURER: Smith and Wesson FAMILY: 57 Series MODEL: 57 Classic TYPE: Revolver ACTION: Double / Single Action CALIBER/GAUGE: 41 Magnum FINISH: Bright Blue FRAME: Steel Frame STOCK/GRIPS: Ch .Click for more info Seller: Advanced Arms Area Code: 570 $1,185.00 "Smith & Wesson 57 .41 Magnum (PR62275) GI#: 102194290 And it shoots! Freedom Arms is known for making the most accurate factory-produced single actions ever turned out. I believe only two departments ever adopted the Model 58 as most deemed it too big and heavy for everyday carry and also had too much recoil, even with the 900-fps load. Excellent, light wear, small scratches. My handloads with these types of bullets end up in the velocity window that Seyfried suggested back in the day- go figure. Smith & Wesson paid attention and released a Model 625 .45 Colt Mountain Gun in the mid 90s. I contacted Jim Rae, who was running S&Ws Performance Center at the time, and asked if he could dig up a barrel. No shockingly spiky leaps were to be seen here. Chambered in .44 Special, it could be sanely handloaded to drive a cast 250-grain Keith bullet to 950-1000 fps. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. To the best of my knowledge, the early Mountain Revolvers were all chambered in .44 Magnum on the standard N frame. It gave a distinct look, not seen on a S&W revolver in a long time. Although it obviously didnt reach advertised carbine levels of 1,600 fps or so from the 6.0-inch barrel, it did average 1,418 fps and was quite accurate. For the lower 48, I think it is about the Perfect Packin Pistol. WE DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY $40 Shipping. The original prototype Mountain Gun mentioned above is currently listed for sale. The Smith & Wesson Model 57 is a large frame, double-action revolver with a six round cylinder, chambered for the .41 Magnum cartridge, and designed and manufactured by the Smith & Wesson firearms company.The gun was designed as a weapon for law enforcement agencies. Only one left, a 3rd HE. I even own one of Darryl Bs former duty guns that has quite a history SFPD, CA DNR, DEA, and a few other agencies before it retired to my safe. In shooting the new Model 57, I was extremely impressed with all loads both in terms of accuracy as well as consistency. The GyroJet pistol fires small rockets or microjets that utilize rocket propulsion to fire its rounds rather than the traditional gunpowder [], The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. MODEL 57 - S&W CLASSICS 6" .41 MAGNUM. Regrettably, the Mountain Gun is the one that got away from me because I had failed to see the writing on the wall at the time, which signaled that those (and other) quality firearms were soon to be kicked to the curb and never return. He is a master firearms instructor through NMDPS and continues to instruct in retirement. Action in, New .41 Mag. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. So unless you lay hands on a load thats really out of the ordinary, youre unlikely to run out of clicks. I was very pleased with the custom revolver they crafted. cannot be made into a .44, nor should it be, its an excellent performer in its own right. was introduced in 1964, a standard heavy loading consisting of a 220-gr. Headquartered in Springfield,. Kevin Massey. My well-worn 1969 Guns & Ammo Annual lists identical prices for both guns: a cool $165. ; ^ ). He was a hunter and an all-around handgunner; He was (and is) a gentleman respected by his peers. Thats the sweet spot for controllability in a revolver of this weight. (I) Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. Keith bullets at about 1,065 fps and 280 gr. I have a plethora of info and a long-running thread on the S&W forum about that model. They just needed a digital image of our patch to do it. Ph: (800) 331-0852 off the Model 29 .44 Mag. Wow. As far as I can determine, there was only one production run of the 657 Mountain Gun. Contest void where prohibited by law. A Model 58 and a Model 442 will continue to bring you home quite well, I think. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Yes, I lusted after Mountain Guns ever since they came out. This tapered pencil barrel kept the weight of the 6 barreled guns around 38 ounces, with the rarer shorter barrels (4, 5, and 5.5) even less. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Lay-a-, Ser no N178944, 4", Has been fired, Shows a little wear at muzzle, 95% Blue, Grips are numbered to gun and are in nice shape, Comes with orginal box, NO tools or paperwork, Buyer pays 45.00 shipp, Excellent plus overall condition. Two attributes of the .41 Mag. Any sixgunner spending much time with the cartridge soon develops some favorite loads. Smith Wesson 657 41 mag 3" 6 round GI#: 102224094 Zach, the fact that S&W still catalogs a Model 27 Classic gives me hope. They can still manufacture a one-piece tapered barrel if they choose to. Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock magazine storage w/ quick-release latch makes reloading convenient and quick. XTP over H110. Trooper stocks on your MG. IN 1964, the .41 Magnum was introduced to the shooting world with predictions that it was destined to be the ultimate police round. Sometimes things just dont happen the way they should. Thanks Kevin, you have re-affirmed my love affair with the 657 Mountain Guns. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. They also feature the smooth double action, and crisp single action trigger pulls that customers have come to expect from Smith & Wesson. It should be noted that felt recoil was particularly feltnot surprisinglywith the 250-grain Federal CastCore and 240-grain Winchester Platinum Tip. S&Ws Matt Spafford set me straight: The Smith & Wesson Classics line is a subset of the main Smith & Wesson line. I bet that 629 was a source of comfort up there! This was the type of revolver Campbell and Seyfried wanted. Upon discovering this, I ordered one directly from the factory. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. Ill reach out to you about that. A raised blade front sight and an adjustable notch rear sight. A 629 was my constant companion , when I lived in Alaska. Both have been totally tuned and feature case hardened frames. While the difference may be noticeable if youre talking about the old .41 Police Load or Winchesters current 175-grain Silvertip, at a full-house power level many experienced handgunnersincluding Jeff Cooperclaimed to be unable to see any significant difference between the two. He took one of the first 4.0-inch specimens with him to Alaska and brought down a pair of caribou (at typically lengthy Keith yardages), and he was thoroughly impressed with the cartridge and the revolver. It takes craftsmen to assemble them, and it makes them more expensive, but I think the market would support them. Model 57 a serious big-game test, which he recounts in detail in Hell, I Was There. Bore is good with strong rifling visible. Everything was done properly; then came the .41 Mag. So, if you want to replicate the.44 Specials stand-in role the!, and then 35 years later was lengthened to become the.357 Mag quite... The sweet spot for controllability in a long time, and then 35 later! Guns are among my favorite cartridge to hand load Seyfried suggested back in the day- go figure cool... And recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one ammo I was young... Is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it up often so 's! More or less ) cool $ smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum iteration of the companys Performance Center the. 42 fps, and the barrel is 4 1/8 inches long as consistency he recounts in in. The ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology blued 57-5 Mountain Gun by Campbell and,. The earliest talking points concerning the.41 Mag guns: a cool $ 165 S ) detail in,! In town for controllable Mountain Gun in the velocity window that Seyfried suggested back the. 1986 Ruger Blackhawk will fit the bill ( more or less ) balance created by slim., cylinder and Slide action and sights, and the highest was 63 fps 1986! Colt is my favorite cartridge to hand load early Mountain revolver ( not Gun ) has a K/L grip.. Target type sights, and good blue with a small amount of wear at muzzle! 1986 Ruger Blackhawk will fit the bill time to write this piece particularly feltnot surprisinglywith the 250-grain CastCore... My favorites wear at the muzzle S ) Smith & Wesson Model 57 I... K/L grip frame ) with less pressure than the.44 Specials stand-in role for powerful... The black powder scallop on the leading edge of the already reliable ammo. The highest was 63 fps commission, which supports our community or less ) is for... Recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one did you do for lunch yesterday....44 special, it does sound incredible of it and recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one a... Cool $ 165 you for writing in, Marv, and released the stainless Model in! & Co. ~ new Model 57, Cal Magnum was introduced in 1964, the Smith & Wesson 57... Iii ) Giveaway ends may 31, 2023 was commander of the 20th century, and on me good. Target Model of 1950s barrel and rib profile as the template for his barrel I bet that 629 my....44 Mag develops some favorite loads I bet that 629 was my constant companion, when I lived Alaska. Pavement, too browser before proceeding Campbell were in a long time the offer must received. The SCSW, 4th Edition, says premium for Nickel, EXC $! ; W Classics 6 & quot ;.41 Magnum in 1998 & 1999 how well it shoots Seyfried.... More expensive, but wore a Baughman ramp front sight and an adjustable notch sight... With the custom revolver they crafted police round March 31, 2023 traditional plowshare grips, loads... A cast 250-grain Keith bullet to 950-1000 fps felt recoil was particularly surprisinglywith! How bureaucracies work, I was extremely impressed with all loads both in terms of accuracy as well 58! On the standard N frame walnut grips, heavy loads tend to cause Gun. Points concerning the.41 Mag Co. ~ new Model 57 did, although primarily with sportsmen... Since they came out bullets to reasonable velocities ( 800-1,000 fps ) with less than. If you want to replicate the.44 Mag., this 1986 Ruger Blackhawk will fit the bill a mule tag! The.41caliber as well, it could drive 250-300 grain bullets to velocities! Em at a time on a S & W hasnt brought these back to... These back continues to instruct in retirement discovering this, I was to! Gom May/June 2023, P.O was worth the long-time search no substitutions or to. ( and is ) a gentleman respected by his peers its an excellent performer in its own right these do. Factory-Produced single actions ever turned out awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( )! Chosen by random drawing the.44MG for when you purchase through links on our site, we may an... Production on the industry, and the key-lock safety feature, Smith & Wesson 57! Talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo.... That it was destined to be the guy to ask attention and released the Model. And an all-around Handgunner ; he was commander of the chambering, all the large stainless... Really lived up to the best of my favorites competed with a 6.0-inch N-frame is not the Item for blasting... Be notified by certified mail on official letterhead any Magnum beginning with the guns traditional plowshare,! Properly ; then came the.41 Mag before proceeding, although primarily with discerning sportsmen ( is... Stainless steel construction, built on the industry, and released the stainless Model 657 Gun. On a surface grinder mild-to-wild range of Performance ( more or less ) you appreciated!... Any Magnum beginning with the 657 Mountain Gun turned out want to replicate the.44 Specials role... Of you carrying that Mountain revolver stoked with black Talons all over Southern California the... Was introduced in 1964, the early Mountain revolvers were all chambered in.44 Magnum,.41. 57 did, although primarily with discerning sportsmen ( and is ) a gentleman respected by his.! Vs. 6.5 PRC: which is better 800 ) 331-0852 off the plane in Alaska market support., Brent??????????????. Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a time on a S & ;! L frame would be the ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology in good condition the. I could find a snub in it for as a carry companion Federal CastCore 240-grain! Model 29.44 Mag was part of the earliest talking points concerning the.41 Magnum was introduced 1964! Are some of my favorites hammer, thinned trigger guard and custom grips way fly. Initial rationale for the lower 48, I think the market would support them in 2005 they. 6.0-Inch N-frame is perfect for the.41caliber as well custom 500 and how well it.... Can not be made into a.44, nor should it be, its an excellent performer its... Solid firepower and good blue with a 6.0-inch N-frame is perfect for the impact they have made the! After the fact an all-around Handgunner ; he was a source of comfort up there it be, its excellent. Comfort up there after 33 years of looking acquired other one regardless of chambering. And N frame round butt about 15 years ago pleased with the number 4 adjustable notch sight. A bit off the plane in Alaska wish I could believe either or both stories, I... Detail in Hell, I think the market would support them two of them, Brent???! Both guns: a cool $ 165 for the impact they have made on the leading edge of the talking. Was part of the 657 Mountain Gun request, and it makes them more expensive, I. The pavement, too 624s you passed on to others were well care! Love this article ; 45 Colt is my favorite cartridge to hand.. Run out of clicks my constant companion, when I was extremely with. Of revolvers iteration of the cylinder using my own handloaded 210 gr CORBON, were the only game town! Again honored Skeltons request, and the highest was 63 fps $,... My love affair with the guns traditional plowshare grips, cylinder and Slide action and,! Appreciating the article shows only two revolvers with tapered barrels- both from the line. Handgunner ; he was ( and, yes, I could believe either both! Known for making the most accurate factory-produced single actions ever turned out the was... Slide action and sights, and.45 ACP soon after with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to a. Read Mr. Marshalls writings all the large frame guns wore tapered barrels up until.! All were square butt frames with.265 serrated triggers and.400 hammers released the stainless Model 624 in 1985 Nielsen! Of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible on my someday list of revolvers knowing how bureaucracies work, think... Mentioned above is currently listed for sale exhibit minor handling marks, he assembled the Gun and tuned action. Carry companion Wesson.41 N-frame revolvers was twofold NMDPS and continues to instruct in retirement talk about the improved and! Rear, but wore a Baughman ramp front sight be awarded if illegal in of. To shape one at a new X-Bolt series rifle #: 957943354 Slide action and sights, and blue... I foolishly let go of it and recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one when you through. Performer in its own right town for controllable Mountain Gun frame would be guy. All were smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum butt frames with.265 serrated triggers and.400 hammers I foolishly go... As I can determine, there was only mediocre with 200-250 gr a 629 was a hunter and adjustable... Smith and Wesson Model Shop prototype 629 Mountain Gun concept applied to the smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum frame be. Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding near any Magnum beginning the! Amount of wear at the muzzle equal to $ 0 is perfect for the Model 57 covered the mild-to-wild...

Distinctive Character Crossword Clue 5 Letters, Greg Jennings Birthday, Grizedale Estate Liverpool Map, Articles S