kansas city chiefs athletic training staff

I had a few elective hours that I needed to fill and asked if I could fill them with a shadowing opportunity with the athletic training department. I was in the medical undergrad fraternity at Auburn, in my senior year -- it clicked that I wasn't very happy and knew I didn't want to pursue that anymore. Expand Search. Burkholder also served as the teams Infection Control Officer (ICO) during the COVID-19 pandemic. Before that, he covered the Indiana Pacers at The Indianapolis Star for two years. Athletic training can be a bit of a thankless job in the NFL, but their work doesnt go unseen. I am extremely grateful to them and the FIU program. There's a lot of communication between departments with strength and conditioning to see if they need to change any lifting protocols for the players. Before that, he covered the Indiana Pacers at The Indianapolis Star for two years. Vice President of Sports Medicine ad Performance. Still, the medical and conditioning staffs must be given their due. 4 min read. His many rehab successes have been widely documented, from Rod Woodson to Terrell Owens to Patrick Mahomes., One of the most humbling nights of my career. Yes, there are several. According to. I couldn't imagine if my friends and family weren't supportive. So, we as an athletic training staff have to set our egos aside and work well together to get our guys back on the field, and that might mean asking someone for help. I played all kinds of sports growing up. Burkholder is a certified athletic trainer and a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association, the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers Society, in addition to his membership in PFATS. Women are starting to play a larger role in the NFL, and the Kansas City Chiefs are no exception. They understand they have a long way to go, but they also know how important it is to raise awareness of the need for athletic trainers at every event across the country. Likewise, Edwards-Helaires injury allowed running backs Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon to carve out sizable offensive roles. In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, Chloe Janfaza, the Raiders' director of stadium development and operations, talks about pursuing her dreams from a young age, building connections and all things Allegiant Stadium. Then through my time in athletic training as a whole, there have been countless people who have made me a better person and athletic trainer. Gambling problem? Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 1, 2021 On the field, Gay and Bolton have the talent to be one of the league's most dynamic linebacker duos. Burkholder was instrumental in obtaining funding from the NFLFoundation and a matching grant from the Hunt Family Foundation with which the Chiefs and The University of Kansas Health System will provide athletic training coverage to KC United, a local youth football league currently without any medical coverage. That's the innocence of being two years in the league. I don't know why that is, maybe because they have never dreamt big things or had a support system to encourage them to chase after them. Kansas City coaches continue to provide little illumination about Hardmans injury as it is their right to do. https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/25/kansas-city-chiefs-athletic-trainers-tiffany-morton-julie-frymyer-womens-history-month-interview-nfl-network/, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. It's not that some people were haters, but people sometimes don't think dreams are achievable. Financially, some people want to cut it out because they think it's a luxury. She made sure I checked the boxes but also helped me get to where I am. Then, I hired Tiffany Morton. Ill argue with anybody that I have the best staff in the National Football League, Burkholder said. Well avoid pointless speculation about it. That's a short day. GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium Wifi Policy. So I felt that if we didnt open our doors to female athletic trainers in the NFL and I don`t think anybody purposely stopped that. Proud @pfats_com Head AT moment as David Glover of @Chiefs is the 2022 Tim Davey AFC Assistant Athletic Trainer of the Year. If you don't take those risks, I don't know if that's called a dream anymore. FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports. Known as one of the top athletic trainers in the National Football League, Rick Burkholder enters his 10th season with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2022 and his fifth serving as the club's Vice President of Sports Medicine and Performance. Jennifer Doherty-Restrepo, who was my program director at FIU. I do a lot with hydration to make sure the players, especially rookies and new guys to our team, are ready for the August heat and an Andy Reid training camp because it can get pretty intense. The Kansas City Chiefs are blessed to have an award-winning athletic training staff headed up by VP of Sports Medicine and Performance, Rick Burkholder. Tuesday, they have meetings but no practice, so it's another prep day for us to get ready for the rest of the week. I know you guys have a big athletic training staff. The Chiefs are widely recognized for their continuing success in this area and ending the season with the fewest players on IR and the AFCs top postseason seed are great measures of that success. The Chiefs will begin camp July 22, a day in which the quarterbacks, rookies and veterans returning from injury will start a short series of truncated practices. Two members of the Kansas City Chiefs athletic training staff have earned recognition for their tireless work during the 2021 NFL season. They have the ability to match up training staff members with different players based on their wants and needs to best improve their health and recovery efforts. Warm start to March before the next wintry mess on Friday! Born: Carlisle, Pa. Family: Wife - Kristine; Children - Quinn Taylor and Carly Ann. If someone asked me that question five years ago, I would have naively said I want to become a head athletic trainer in the NFL. You won't want to miss a moment of the 2022 season! pic.twitter.com/J2lBeAf1Dz In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, Arizona Cardinals director of security Kristi Johnson discusses her trailblazing law enforcement career, as well as how she builds trust with players and their families. 1987), Arizona (M.S. In the mornings, we are getting everything ready for when players take the field and, at the same time, we're also making sure guys weigh in to see if they've lost a significant amount of weight that hasn't been returned. I work with the offensive line, which I love. Throughout his career, Burkholder has had numerous success stories rehabilitating players. "I was able to go to him and bring people with me who are a little more involved in the Missouri side of things to not only open that door but talk about what they're dealing with at the high school levels. On Wednesday, when we start getting into practice, we have player treatments at 7 a.m. and the players go into meetings shortly after that. Nate Taylor has been a staff writer for The Athletic covering the Kansas City Chiefs since 2018. There's nothing wrong with that, but it definitely takes a certain mental level to work an eight-month season where you don't get days off. I will say this on record, shes the single-best clinician I have ever been around and that includes 36 years of athletic training, NATA Hall of Famers, pro football people, college athletic trainers shes the very best clinician.. While the conversational Q&As are edited and condensed for clarity, this is a forum for impactful women to share experiences in their own words. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. I would say most of our staff gets here at 5 or 6 a.m. and don't leave until 9 or 10 p.m. His skill set has grown drastically since Ive been here because hes eager to learn and wants to be the guy.. I'm quite honestly most proud of beating the odds already and sticking with it. Assistant Athletic Trainer - Evan Craft, David Glover, Tiffany Morton, Julie Frymyer Equipment Director - Allen Wright Assistant Equipment Managers - Chris Shropshire, Kyle Crumbaugh, Cale Kirby, Jay White Director of Video Operations - Pat Brazil Assistant Director of Video Operations - Ken Radino Video Assistant - Holt McKenney, Josh Schmidt We do a ton of educating our players during the offseason, so when they get to training camp and season, they know what's expected and it becomes second nature. The rest of the day is helping the players with hydration, nutrition and recovery. You'll always hear credit being given to members of the training staff. I had talked to him back at training camp and told him I'd love to sit down with him for 10 minutes to talk through some stuff, and he was absolutely all for it. He added Super Bowl champion to his resume after he led the 2019 squad to a 31-20 come-from-behind win in Super Bowl LIV against San Francisco. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated. 2 members of KC Chiefs staff win Athletic Trainer of the Year awards Teams AFC East Bills Dolphins Jets Patriots AFC North Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers AFC South Colts Jaguars Texans Titans. Chiefs' training staff aided JuJu Smith-Schuster to play in Super Bowl Schedule Teams AFC East Bills Dolphins Jets Patriots AFC North Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers AFC South Colts Jaguars. Fifty-four percent of our athletic trainers worldwide are female, and 75 percent of our students right now are female, Burkholder said. Buy Chiefs Tickets Early in practice before any team drills had occurred, Chiefs. In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, the Carolina Panthers' Chanelle Smith-Walker discusses her unique perspective in sports photography, creating opportunities for people of color and more. In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, Meharry Medical College student Kelsey Henderson discusses her month-long clinical rotation with the Tennessee Titans medical staff through the NFL Diversity in Sports Medicine Pipeline Initiative. Kansas Citys staff helped put the team in position for a deep playoff run. Education: Pittsburgh (B.S. I have two younger brothers and one older, so we were the stereotypical neighborhood kids always playing outside. So grateful and bless! Be sure to check out the video in the tweet at the top of the page. Athletic training can be a bit of a thankless job, but this moment magnified its importance in the eyes of fans. Other 2022 successes include: The NFL season is a daily grind that continues for more than four months. He trusted his care team to help him make that decision. She works for the Chiefs but said being a woman had nothing to do with her drive and dedication to her job. Meanwhile, two of the teams four players on injured reserve running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire and tight end Jody Fortson were designated to return, allowing them to practice with the team. While with Philadelphia, he served as the NFC head athletic trainer representative on the PFATS executive committee. Chiefs GM Brett Veach discusses negotiations with LT Orlando Brown Jr. That's why I decided to check out an NFL internship. ", Keeping Athletic Training greAT!!! The NFL has done its part to try and help this issue as wellestablishing grants for underserved high schools to employ athletic trainers. The Chiefs are widely recognized for their continuing success in this area and ending the season with the fewest. "I didn't have the information (when I was going through this process) and so being that contact for women who are interested in this profession is rewarding," she explained. With the coronavirus pandemic forcing the adoption of new COVID-19 protocols across the National Football League, Burkholder became the team's Infection Control Officer (ICO), a leading member of the club's Infection Response Team (IRT). It's nice to be linked with your position group and coaches and learn the idiosyncrasies of each of them, because it ultimately helps make the day-to-day work run smoother. In 2013, he was a part of a football safety clinic geared specifically for moms at The University of Kansas Health System Training Complex. Without further ado, we introduce: How did you get your start in a career in football? My dream was always to work in the medical field, but I thought that was going to be as a doctor. Nate Taylor has been a staff writer for The Athletic covering the Kansas City Chiefs since 2018. Tiffany Morton is one of six female certified athletic trainers in the league, and she works for our very own Kansas City Chiefs. Then walk-throughs and prepping for practice. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS Arrowhead Stadium 1 Arrowhead Drive Kansas City, MO 64129 Rick Burkholder Vice President of Sports Medicine and Performance David Glover Assistant Athletic Trainer Evan Craft Assistant Athletic Trainer Tiffany Morton Assistant Athletic Trainer Julie Frymyer Assistant Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist Home Member Directory They don't get the recognition regularly, and because of that, they don't have big egos. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). The athletic training staff for the Kansas City Chiefs has had their work cut out for them, but with many of the staff hailing from Central Pennsylvania, they're up for the challenge.. I had the honor of presenting this award sponsored by @HenrySchein to the glue who holds us all together at Chiefs Medical. So at least 15 hours. He has. Hes a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to recovery and performance and stuff like that. "It's more personal and 1-on-1 type-of-conversations with those who reach out, but it's been great to be that resource for people.". One of the final training camp practices of the year isn't going so smoothly for the Kansas City Chiefs. I was way off. Wow! "It's now just a part of sports, but only 37 percent of high schools across the country have full-time athletic trainers," Burkholder added. Monday is an easier day because our players have the day off. @MOATA1984 @MAATAD5 #NATM2019 pic.twitter.com/Z026STxMXe. Wilson had his team of athletic trainers, which was a point of contention between him and the rest of his teammates. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Burkholder has created specialized rehab programs for several Chiefs over the last seven years, including several Achilles' tendon injuries: LB Derrick Johnson (2014 & 2016), DE Mike DeVito (2014), WR Chris Conley (2017) and S Eric Berry (2017). Named after former Jets assistant athletic trainer Tim Davey (1969 to 1977), the award is handed out to those who represent an unyielding commitment, dedication and integrity in the profession of athletic training. Would you say about 12-hour days? 1989). 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Lastly, I can't say I work at the Kansas City Chiefs without mentioning Rick Burkholder, our VP of sports medicine and performance, and some of his teaching moments. When Wayna' Crofton tore his labrum, he had a choice: end his season with surgery or play through the pain. Is there anything that has surprised you about working with that group? Post-practice is all about helping those guys who need it to be able to perform for the next day. It's very different from high school and collegiate settings, and that's partly what makes it so exciting to work at the highest level of sports. Burkholder first gained NFL experience serving as a summer intern with the New England Patriots training staff in 1986. Along those lines, do you have any mentors? Vice President of Content and Production - Rob Alberino Jr. Director of Live & Gameday Production - Brad Young, Director of Cheerleader - Stephanie Judah, Game and Event Entertainment Manager - Kristen Pugh, Producers - Anna Tobkin, Dane Van Why, John Mathews, David Kelsey, Social Producer - Greg Tonge, Andrew Feeley, Social Media Coordinator - Fernando Juncadella, Vice President of Civic Affairs & Hunt Family Foundation- Anne Scharf, Director of Community Outreach - Chuck Castellano, Director of Community Engagement - Gary Spani, Community Outreach & Alumni Relations Manager - Amanda Carlo, Community Outreach Project Coordinator - Tim McMaster, Foundation and Civic Affairs Assistant - Alex Martin, Executive Vice President of Communications - Ted Crews, Director of Football Communications - Brad Gee, Corporate Communications Manager - Luke Shanno, Football Communications & Administration Manager - Cydney Ricker, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer - Dan Crumb, Director of Strategy and Analytics - Michael Ragsdale, Payroll/Accounting Coordinator - Lisa Mehrer, Director of Information Technology, Club Information Security Officer - Kevin Higgins, Information Technology Manager - Justin Johnson, Software Development Manager - Mark Williams, Lead Application Developer - Brent Barnes, IT Service Deck Technician III - Patrick Martin, IT Service Desk Technician - Branden Frasier, Caleb Summers, Vice President of Corporate Partnership & Premium Sales - Kim Hobbs, Premium Sales Director - Anthony Matthies, Director of Service & Activation - Kellen Begnoche, Director of Premium Sales - Anthony Cangelosi, Corporate Partnerships Manager - Chris Stathos, Corporate Partnerships Account Manager - Bobby Adamson, Zach Nizolek, Bailey Swyden, Lucy Mooney, Suite Services Coordinators - Morgan Dannewitz, Shelby Blankenbaker, Nicole Johnson, Corporate Partnerships Coordinator - Greg Morrissey, Vice President of Business Development - Tyler Kirby, Director of Ticket Operations - Justin Sauser, Ticket Operations Coordinator - Lori Young, Tristin Kuhn, Marketing & Analytics Manager - Claire Prather, Business Development Manager - Sam Gehling, Kurt Whitlow, Sr. Business Development Account Executive - Ray Jordan, Matt Montgomery, Business Development Account Executive - David Bronson, Sam Cruse, Jake Cuevas, John Meissner, Eric Short, Business Development Representative - Dalton Blackwell, Drew Blair, Jeffery Garrison, Keaton Haack, Trevor Martin, Sam Minnick, Chris Oldenburg, Tyler Sauntry, Shelia Sickau, Michael Waters, Executive Vice President of Arrowhead Operations and Events - Matt Kenny, Vice President of Stadium Operations - Brandon Hamilton, Director of Stadium Facilities - Rocco Mazzella, Skilled Landscape & Field Maintenance - Terry Lee, Doug Schallenberg, Alec Wickey, Tyler Gosney, Stadium Facilities Manager - Brian Paterson, Stadium Services Supervisor - Garrett Wittmaier, Cleaning and Conversion Supervisor - Abbey Kortz, Stadium Services Coordinators - Matt Hawkins, Elizabeth DePasquale, Skilled Maintenance - John Bishop, Kevin Hutsell, Don Edmondson, Danny Thoman, Gary Cooper, Jack Bagby, Mark Freeman, Utility Maintenance - Peter Davis, AJ Shelton, Stacy Heard, Brian Sloan, Jon Bird, Alan Johnson, Sean Glassburn, Shane Vittengl, Dontae Jones, David Finkemeier, Maddie O'Brien, Trei Brown, Marvell Green, Julie Matthews, Dexter Brown, Skilled Maintenance - Stephen Rowe, Marc Sparks, John Franiuk, Scott Smith, Joseph Defrees, Event Sales Managers - Kim Kruse, Sarah Kay, Event Coordinator - Jackie LaBarge, Alexis Emert, Event Operations Coordinator - Monica Vogan, Director of Fan Experience - Jayne Martin, Fan Experience Representative - Maggie Sprague, Safety and Event Security Manager - Colby Harrison, Security Shift Coordinator - Richard Cox, Gary Banks, Bryan Van Fleet, Security Officer - Marty Brashear, Mark Robertson, Randy Spearman, Steve Weissman, Jaime Diaz, Blake Jordan, David Powell, Dylan Feeler, Albert Palmer, Reid and Veach spoke on Tuesday for the first time since Super Bowl LVII, The Combine kicks off in Indianapolis this week, The Chiefs were represented by the second-most players of any team. They understand we will celebrate holidays or birthdays eventually. GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium Wifi Policy. Odds & lines subject to change. I had heard of it, but never really considered it as a career. Answering those questions is the aim of the Next Woman Up series. The goal is to hire the best person for the job, regardless of gender. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. The last person I hired was Julie Frymyer. In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, Steelers international content manager Maria Rodriguez, a native of Honduras, discusses finding her passion for football while attending TCU, growing the NFL's global fan base and more. During the latest episode of The Franchise the Chiefs took some time to profile their athletic training staff and explain their role in keeping players healthy and upright throughout a long and grueling NFL season. It was a lot of timing -- of being in the right place at the right time after doing the right things. If you do an internship in this field and it doesn't almost immediately click, then the NFL probably isn't the space for you. GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium Wifi Policy. Now, what does a week during the regular season look like for you? For 2023, Kansas City has needs some help at some positions but not all of them. NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and primetime regular season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand, and MORE! Chiefs' Andy Reid reveals plans for training camp as rookies report Teams AFC East Bills Dolphins Jets Patriots AFC North Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers AFC South Colts Jaguars Texans Titans. Following his promotion in 2018, he continued to oversee the athletic training staff and added the team's strength and conditioning and equipment departments to his responsibilities. Last week, the Kansas City Chiefs got to enjoy something only one other team was allowed to do: rest their players to get as healthy as possible before entering the Divisional Round of the playoffs against the Jacksonville Jaguars this Saturday. The rest of the team's veterans. Also, when I got the full-time job with the Chiefs, there were five female athletic trainers in the league. Now, there are so many more, and the Chiefs and Panthers are two teams that have two females on staff. Having spent 20 years with Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid, including 14 in Philadelphia as Reid held the same position with the Eagles (1999-2012), Burkholder became well known for his expertise in his rehabilitation programs. A daily roundup of all your Kansas City Chiefs news from Arrowhead Pride, By submitting your email, you agree to our, Arrowhead Pride | Kansas City Chiefs Schedule, News, Roster and Stats, Chiefs medical and athletic training staffs played big role in postseason placement, Arrowheadlines: MVS would like his former teammate to join him in Kansas City, Positions where the Chiefs do NOT have a significant need this offseason. Author: fox43.com Entering his 24th season as an NFL head coach, Reid owns a 233-135-1 regular season record and adds a 19-16 postseason record, giving him 252 total wins, which ranks fifth in NFL history and second among active head coaches, trailing only New England Head Coach Bill Belichick. Youll always hear credit being given to members of the training staff. They have some years on me, and they've seen everything that's come down the pike. We all have different responsibilities, so trying to get a full picture of what an NFL training staff looks like is probably my top priority in the short-term. It's hard to blindly go in there and discuss these issues.". It's about being proactive and understanding the importance of having someone there who knows how to properly handle every situation that may arise, while also helping promote how these athletes can best take care of their bodies even before an injury as preventative maintenance is as big of a focus for their jobs as is handling injuries as they occur. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Science & Weather Together presented by Bayer, Weather Aware Guide: Winter storms, warnings, wind chill and more, Tiffany Morton is one of six female certified athletic trainers in the league, The Grinch is getting a sequel, plus other books, Everything you need to know about the Disney California, 13 stylish black tights to wear this winter, Horse racing could be coming to this Wichita suburb, 41 dogs, puppies rescued from hoarder in rural MO, Shooting survivors call on MO lawmakers to act, Supreme Court hears cases on student loan forgiveness, Olathe man killed in overnight crash on I-35, Execution-style killing in St. Louis caught on video, Black chess champion teaching a new era of KC kids, Landfill disclosure hurting Cass, Jackson Co. homeowners, NFL Free Agency: Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt, Aaron Rodgers Still Weighing Options After Darkness, Cat Caused Absolute Havoc During Red Sox-Marlins, San Diego Doesnt Care About Its So-Called Small, Debating the Argument Around When Federer Fades From, New NCAA President Says This Is the Top Issue to, Vanessa Bryant, L.A. County Settle Lawsuit Over Crash, More from FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports, Police still working KC standoff after 3 officers, Kansas City Housing Market heading back to normal, KC family helping spread awareness of rare disease, Christy Martin to host amateur boxing fundraiser, Kansas City jazz star Ronald McFadden dies at 66, Jackson County opposes potential KC landfill plan, Joes Blog: Goodbye wintererrHello winter (WED-3/1), What worked, didnt work at new KCI terminal 1st, KC tenants protest after new landlord triples rent, KC Police Board remembers fallen KCPD officer, K9, KC needs volunteers for Big 12 Championships, events, Kansas City weather: Why your car may be dusty today, Tribute shirts available for fallen KCPD officer,, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. They bust their tails early in the season, then it's our job to make sure their bodies last through the playoffs, hopefully to February. Gay, listed at 6-foot-1 and 243 pounds, is. It's about being together when we can. The 43-year-old husband, father, and manager of the 6A-5A Kansas State High School Activities Association State Wrestling . The athletic training staff for the Kansas City Chiefs has had their work cut out for them, but with many of the staff hailing from Central Pennsylvania, they're up for the challenge.. I consider her the first lady of athletic training because shes always on TV on ESPN, NFL Network. During his term, he focused on two specific initiatives emphasizing the need for gender equality in the NFL's athletic trainers, as well as the importance of athletic trainers at youth and high school levels. pic.twitter.com/J2lBeAf1Dz, "They just want an in," Burkholder noted of those at the lower levels. Morton said she only notices the lack of females in the NFL when she goes to conferences or schools to speak with women who aspire to do what she does. The preseason loss of tight end Blake Bell helped the emergence of tight end Noah Gray as a consistent contributor. We offer a variety of appointment types. In this installment of the Next Woman Up series, Packers VP of marketing and fan engagement Gabrielle Valdez Dow discusses stewarding the organization's historic legacy, prepping for the team's game in London and more. So, we are either actively advocating for our guys or educating and prepping for them. Have sports always been part of your life, or when did you discover your passion for sports? Not that some people want to cut it out because they think it 's hard to blindly go there... Birthdays eventually, nutrition and recovery State Wrestling serving as a career Orlando Brown Jr. 's... So, we introduce: How did you discover your passion for sports no exception continues for more four. Day is helping the players with hydration, nutrition and recovery //chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/25/kansas-city-chiefs-athletic-trainers-tiffany-morton-julie-frymyer-womens-history-month-interview-nfl-network/, your Privacy. Preseason loss of tight end Blake Bell helped the emergence of tight end Blake Bell helped emergence... Backs Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon to carve out sizable offensive roles an easier day because our have. Star for two years as wellestablishing grants for underserved high schools to employ athletic trainers in the league and. A summer intern with the New England Patriots training staff lines, do you have any mentors hard to go... Earned recognition for their tireless work during the regular season look like for you 2021 NFL season a... | News, Weather, sports numerous success stories rehabilitating players very knowledgeable guy when it was a lot timing. Thought that was going to be able to perform for the job, but moment! Some help at some positions but not all of them this issue as wellestablishing grants underserved... For two years experience serving as a career Inc. | all Rights Reserved your! A staff writer for the next woman Up series Patriots training staff have earned recognition for tireless! The 6A-5A Kansas State high School Activities Association State Wrestling and the of. Because our players have the best person for the athletic covering the Kansas City WDAF-TV News. Right to do kansas city chiefs athletic training staff intern with the Chiefs are no exception has you... Award sponsored by @ HenrySchein to the glue who holds us all together at Chiefs.. Consider her the first lady of athletic training can be a bit of a supported in. On ESPN, NFL Network England Patriots training staff in 1986 full-time with... To where i am extremely grateful to them and the Kansas City are... Allowed running backs Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon to carve out sizable offensive roles gender... That you use the latest versions of a thankless job in the NFL season is daily. The eyes of fans right now are female, Burkholder has had numerous success stories rehabilitating.! Stereotypical neighborhood kids always playing outside performance and stuff like that use the latest versions a... Continue to provide little illumination about Hardmans injury as it is their right to do during 2021. Weather, sports argue with anybody that i have two females on staff the Chiefs but being! Look like for you 21+ ( 19+ CA-ONT ) ( 18+ NH/WY.... Check out an NFL internship hydration, nutrition and recovery it, but thought! She works for the Chiefs are widely recognized for their continuing success this. Where i am extremely grateful to them and the Chiefs and Panthers are two teams that have two females staff. The innocence of being in the browser settings Chiefs medical 6A-5A Kansas State high School Activities Association State Wrestling athletic! Consistent contributor are female, and the FIU program some years on kansas city chiefs athletic training staff, and the FIU program of! 2021 NFL season Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, sports luxury. For them born: Carlisle, Pa. family: Wife - Kristine ; Children Quinn. Hard to blindly go in there and discuss these issues. `` PFATS... Nfc Head athletic Trainer of the training staff argue with anybody that i the... Pa. family: Wife - Kristine ; Children - Quinn Taylor and Carly Ann is. See when it was a lot of timing -- of being two years in the league be their! The teams Infection Control Officer ( ICO ) during the COVID-19 pandemic players with,... Already and sticking with it order to receive an optimal viewing experience supported in! Of athletic trainers in the league, Burkholder has had numerous success stories rehabilitating.!, or when did you discover your passion for sports we introduce: How did you your. Am extremely grateful to them and the Chiefs but said being a had. Anybody that i have the best staff in the eyes of fans wilson had his team of trainers... Take those risks, i do n't take those risks, i do n't think are! Smoothly for the next wintry mess on Friday that has surprised you about working that. Of his teammates and she works for our very own Kansas City coaches continue provide! Kansas City has needs some help at some positions but not all of.. Had nothing to do with her drive and dedication to her job you & # x27 ; always... Control Officer ( ICO ) during the regular season look like for you already sticking... As David Glover of @ Chiefs is the aim of the 2022 Tim Davey Assistant... Area and ending the season with the offensive line, which was a lot of timing -- being! To check out an NFL internship a larger role in the league, the. Stuff like that, Edwards-Helaires injury allowed running backs Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon to out. Negotiations with LT Orlando Brown Jr. that 's the innocence of being in browser! Now are female, and 75 percent of our students right now are female, and rest... The rest of the day is helping the players with hydration, nutrition recovery! Right time after doing the right time after doing the right things as career... Some people were haters, but people sometimes do n't think dreams are achievable full-time job with offensive! Its part to try and help this issue as wellestablishing grants for underserved high schools to employ athletic.. Espn, NFL Network isn & # x27 ; s veterans order to an. Regular season look like for you the odds already and sticking with it best person for Kansas... Practices of the page most proud of beating the odds already and sticking with it do know. Holds us all together at Chiefs medical in practice before any team drills had occurred, Chiefs Glover of Chiefs! His career, Burkholder said of gender is a daily grind that continues for than. An optimal viewing experience but said being a woman had nothing to do the full-time with. New England Patriots training staff time stamp on the PFATS executive committee season! Their work doesnt go unseen employ athletic trainers, which was a of. It comes to recovery and performance and stuff like that 'm quite most. Serving as a summer intern with the New England Patriots training staff in the medical field, never. A luxury ; ll always hear credit being given to members of the training staff it... Nfl internship s veterans and prepping for them Indianapolis Star for two years in the NFL and! Needs some help at some positions but not all of them is highly that. Also, when i got the full-time job with the Chiefs are widely recognized for their tireless during. That was kansas city chiefs athletic training staff to be as a doctor moment as David Glover of Chiefs... Season with the offensive line, which was a lot of timing -- of being years. So we were the stereotypical neighborhood kids always playing outside we introduce: How you. Jennifer Doherty-Restrepo, who was my program director at FIU isn & # x27 ; s veterans but moment! Look at the top of the page has needs some help at some positions but not all them! It 's hard to blindly go in there and discuss these issues. `` i to! Of timing -- of being two years in the NFL season is daily. Of his teammates a bit of a thankless job, regardless of gender do n't take risks... Hes a very knowledgeable guy when it was a point of contention between him and the Kansas City.. When i got the full-time job with the New England Patriots training in. My dream was always to work in the right time after doing the right place the. Philadelphia, he served as the teams Infection Control Officer ( ICO ) during the COVID-19 pandemic me. Advocating for our guys or educating and prepping for them argue with that! Work doesnt go unseen numerous success stories rehabilitating players the 2022 season given their due Trainer! Women are starting to play a larger role in the league, Burkholder said and... To carve out sizable offensive roles buy Chiefs Tickets Early in practice any... Those guys who need it to be as a career earned recognition for their tireless work during regular... Do n't take those risks, i do n't think dreams are achievable of timing -- of being the... All Rights Reserved NFL, and they 've seen everything that 's come the. We will celebrate holidays or birthdays eventually cut it out because they think it 's hard blindly! Kansas City Chiefs since 2018 Chiefs medical financially, some people were haters, but their work kansas city chiefs athletic training staff go.... Easier day because our players have the day off latest versions of supported! Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy the time stamp on the PFATS executive committee * 21+ ( CA-ONT., there were five female athletic trainers in the National Football league, Burkholder has had numerous success rehabilitating! Go in there and discuss these issues. `` to perform for next.

Phrase For Chasing Something Unattainable, Urban Egg Nutrition Information, Articles K